Build Segments on Geodome

Hi,
I would like to build Segments on a geodome. I created a geodome v3 (with two different scripts because I am not sure which one works better) and evaluated the lenght of every curve of the mesh, so that I can change the height and the position of the middle points. My problem is, that the points of the evaluation are placed “randomly” at different sides of each curve. I tried to do a version in which the points are all at the same place of the curve and move in the same directions and also a version in which the points are at alterning places of the curve (see pictures), but I really don’t know how to do this. Can someone help me?
The second question I have is, is there a way to sort the curves/ points of the geodome mesh? When I go through the curves/ points with the list item component it also seems like they are numbered quite random.
Thanks!

Isosahedron Geodome_2.gh (12.4 KB)

Hope to help you. Group 1 is faster, group 2 is my first experiment.

Isosahedron Geodome_2_RE.gh (22.5 KB)

Thank you very much for your help! But unfortunately that’s not exactly what I wanted to do. I would like to have only one point on every curve and I would like to be able to move it with a slider from one end of the line to the other.

I didn’t get it wrong. Is that it? I’m not very familiar with the data structure either, maybe it can be simplified.

Isosahedron Geodome_2_RE.gh (22.3 KB)

See this as well (just for fun since is not done with components) - input any collection of triad points that yield a tri mesh face. Resulting polylines branch indexing is acc Mesh TopologyVertices indexing (that is not the same with Vertices indexing).

DomeAsMesh_Ops_EntryLevel_V1.gh (126.4 KB)

Thanks very much, that’s almost what I wanted! The only thing is, that there are some lines left with no points on it

It’s hard. I failed all morning. I’m sorry.

This is a paradox!