Brep/Multiple Surface divided for paneling

ПреводачИзключване на незабавния превод
Hello,
I need some help to divide this form into equal panels(triangles/dimond/etc) but can’t make it work. What is the proper way to do it. Any working code will be very helpfull. Will be very appreciated of any one help me solve this issue.
Hello,
I need some help to divide this form into equal panels(triangles/diamond/etc) but can’t make it work. What is the proper way to do it. Any working code will be very helpfull. Will be very appreciated of any one help me solve this issue.

Form.3dm (8.0 MB)

Ех този английски много труден, че трябва автоматично превеждане :wink:

Здравейте съседи!

I hope this is what you want!

panels.gh (13.5 KB)

Kalimera :slight_smile:

Γεια σας! Aris Nikolopoulos
Thank you for fast response but I am looking for solution similar this exemples.

Dividing the form and be able to use paneling tools.

Здравей IVELIN PEYCHEV
Нямам предсотава защо мислиш, че ползвам автоматично превеждане. Вероятно имам доста грешки… Но твоят отговор е типичен за Българите. Намираш кусури вместо да помогнеш.

Goodmorning!
I’ve seen your avatar many times in the forum and never realized it was a bulgarian flag! :smile:

1 Like

Шегичка бе човек, просто сега нямам рино пред себе си за да ти помогна. Имай предвид че твоята задача я има решена доста пъти както в този форум така и в стария grasshopper3d.com просто използвай търсачката.

@Dankk,

виж това видео дали ще ти помогне:

Last post in Bulgarian, I’m switching to English.
There are many posts on this forum about waffle structure or other paneling stuff.

Try searching. As for your model, in order to get what you want you’ll need to create and work on a mesh instead of polysurface. That is so you can properly map on UV coordinates as a single form instead of jumping from sub-surface to sub-surface.

Anyways there are better experts on that field here than me.

Thank you for suggestions. I already searched for solution in old forum, youtube but haven’t found a solution. I am tryinging to make this code dp.gh (10.2 KB) to working for my form but I can’t convert the data from the form properly

one crucial concept that I think you have to understand is that panelling mostly works on a surface that has two directions U and V. Most of the facades you see can be adapted -topologically- to a rectangular ‘sheet’ that can be stretched.

For example, in the last file you uploaded, the four sides of the skyscraper are essentially one surface which is ‘wrapped’ around the shape of the building. that’s why the corners are rounded.
-I am not using the exact terminology but I’m trying to make you understand-

In your building, you have 8 separate surfaces.
You can either make a grid for each one separately and make sure that they meet at the seams. (very complex)
or ‘wrap’ a single surface around them in a way that approximates the shape.
In this example this is what I did.

building.gh (24.4 KB)

In any case, don’t let grasshopper’s capabilities fool you into thinking that in 3 days you will be able to do everything you have in mind.
It takes time and effort to be able to use it with freedom.

2 Likes

I am very grateful that you have spent time to to helping me. Now I understand why I had not able to make that surfaces work as one. I try to make it work by the hard way. Thank you again Aris Nikolopoulos!