Brazil 2.0 for Rhino SR3 is now available from:
This is the complete Service Release 3 build and includes a huge pile of bug fixes and new features. There really is a huge amount of new stuff in here - analytic displacement, thin film iridescence, two point perspective, cellular textures, paper shaders - improvements to the UI.
The complete list is below, as always.
2013-08-30: Service Release 3
- Per object and material analytic displacement.
- Environment scaling added (in Brazil option, environment panel)
- Defaults changes - shadows, skylight, environment sky on by default and higher anti-aliasing.
- Support for Rhino 5 two-point perspective.
- Thin film iridescence added to all reflection options
- Display while rendering control added to detailed system settings
- Reversed normal setting added to occlusion texture to support depth based occlusion
- Paper shader added to Brazil Advanced Material - backlighting support. Good for paper lanterns, fabrics etc.
- Support for Rhino ground plane in exclusion lists
- Brazil Advanced Cellular texture added
- Added Brazil Curvature Texture
- “Self” support added to Exclude lists where possible.
- Override max ray depth option added to Chrome, Glass, BAM and Porcelain
- RenderBlowup retains the previous frame buffer and renders over the top of the previous rendering if possible.
- Motion blur reimplemented to work with both Bongo 2.0 and Bongo 1.0
- Improvements to BAM transparency/opacity viewport simulation
- Allow > 100% connection values for textures.
- Thin translucency texture.
- Cellular texture
- Rhino 5.0 panel based settings UI.
- Saved preset files are now displayed in the presets manager.
- GI environment blur section previews were unstable and slow.
- Default light was still on when light dome present.
- Custom render meshes that use the existing object material are correctly handled.
- Light and sun graphics improved and several bugs fixed.
- Brazil took over resolution setting while other renderers were current.
- Brazil render settings panel disappeared when the renderer was changed.
- Document settings did not reset when loading a 3dm file that had no previous Brazil data.
- Decals with complex block transforms rendered incorrectly.
- Decals did not work correctly on block inserts
- Porcelain specular color did not work
- Renderblowup command did not render the same area that has been selected in the viewport.
- Physical sky environment did not respond to linear workflow correctly.
- Shadow/Light shaders were not allowed in filter slots.
- Workaround for bug in Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 SR0 with Mask texture returning a value in the alpha channel.
- Linear workflow gamma correction was incorrect for environments.