Bottom to top mouse drag does not select (touched) objects

Hej Hej Rhino-Team,

I have an issue with Rhino for Mac. I just recently made the switch from Windows to Mac and even with Version 8 some things are still quite different. But one thing I cannot get used to is the fact that I can’t select objects via click and drag with my mouse.

Like in Rhino for Windows dragging the mouse windows from the bottom up would selct all objcts touched by the frame. But in Rhino 8 for Mac I have to drag the frame all around the objects to select them. I checked the mouse menu in the settings but couldn’t find anything.

Maybe you can help me with that.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom - left to right dragging should make a ‘window’ selection rectangle and right to left dragging should be a ‘crossing’ selection. Are you not seeing this on mac?

-Pascal

Hey Pascal,

I restarted Rhino and tried it again (in the different view ports), and can confirm “cross” selection does not work on my machine.

Tom

Hi Tom - just to make sure: The distinction is between right and left, not top and bottom, dragging.

-Pascal

Hey Pascal

Yes, this is correct. No matter from in what direction I drag or if I drag from top to bottom, just touching (crossing) the objects or curves won’t select them.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom, dragging from upper right to lower left, do you get a solid or dashed selection rectangle drawn on screen?

-Pascal

I would say it’s a solid rectangle. :slight_smile:

Hi Tom - can you please verfiy that Rhino 8 menu > Settings > Mouse page > ‘Mouse group select’ is set to ‘Combo’?

-Pascal

2 Likes

Hey Pascal,

Thanks a million! That’s it! It was set to Box.

1 Like