Mac wip bugs

If this is an existing thread, I apologize. I was unable to locate it.

I am having an issue with the drop down when selecting objects. If I scroll over the object is want (from the drop down list of multiple objects near one another) and click on it, everything is fine. However, if i hit the spacebar or right click, to select the first one, I have to then click again on the screen to unfreeze it. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks!

I cannot duplicate this. Please post your hardware and software settings as described in http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/reportingproblems

I don’t understand what you mean by “unfreeze”. What is frozen? Does the cursor not move? Please be more specific by describing what you try to do, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead.

HI Marlin,

Sorry if my description was unclear. By freezes, I mean that if I, for example, select want to select a point where there are overlapping points (the window of which one you want to select opens) and I right click instead of left clicking on the one I want from the window that opens, the select command still appears to be running until I click somewhere on the window again. Is that more clear? It used to be that right clicking to confirm your selection had the same results as left clicking from the window.

This still works as before.

If you don’t move the cursor, then you can repeatedly left-click to change the item in the list that is selected, and right-click to accept the currently selected item. Once you move the cursor, this special behavior no longer works.

Marlin,

After I right click to accept the selected item, the behavior does not quit. I have to left click again to do anything. If I try to enter a command, I get a beep. The attached picture was from right clicking to select each object, intend of mousing over and left clicking. This shows how the behavior lingers for me.

Please post your OpenGL settings so I can see what version of OS X and what hardware you have.

Is this everything you need?

Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.0 Wenatchee 2013-12-02 (492)
OS X version: Version 10.7.5 (Build 11G63b)

Plug-ins
None

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: MacBookPro8,3
Processor: Intel Core i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
Memory: 1024 MB
Screen size: 1680 x 1050
Displays: Color LCD

USB devices
Apple Inc.: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
Microsoft: Microsoft® 2.4GHz Transceiver v5.0
Apple Inc.: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
Apple Inc.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
3Dconnexion: Space Navigator
Apple, Inc: Apple Keyboard
Apple Computer, Inc.: IR Receiver

Bluetooth devices
None

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 ATI-7.32.12
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum viewport size: 16384 x 16384

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 4x
Mip map filtering: None
Anisotropic filtering: None

You have a couple of non-Apple devices and maybe this is a driver problem. Try restarting your Mac in Safe Mode http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1564 and try the test again. Safe mode keeps all third party drivers from being loaded.