Bongo 3 Beta?

Hi Bumpingupbox,
Like Marika told you in Wish List for Bongo 3, there is no public wish-list (only an internal one). Basic physics being one of the new features of 3.0 was also revealed at the time. A ‘new features’ list isn’t available.

Can you please specify what you mean by animation of extrusions. I don’t see what more can be done that cannot be achieved already now by the basic transformations (move, rotate, scale).

As regards the animation of Sweep(s) and Loft, every command that is supported by History recording (like Patch, Pipe, Revolve, Ribbon, Twist, Flow,…) can be used in animation by animating one or more of the elements used. E.g. in a Sweep1 the rail as well as the cross section curves can be moved, rotated, scaled and even morphed, hence crating all kind of delightful formations and deformations.

It seems I’ve missed the discussion Object "growing" . If I get your intention correct the answer lies in using a sweep1 on a helix with one fixed cross section at one end and a second one moving along the helix by means of a simple constraint. You can find a demo in sweep.3dm (697.3 KB). I also used this technique in Path trace.
A disadvantage is that History recordings don’t update in the viewportdisplay when you ‘Play’ the animation. You should constantly press the next-frame-button on the timelineslider instead.
The model loft.3dm (141.3 KB) shows some manipulations with a loft.
If you don’t get the hang of it please do post your enigma. When you have ideas to improve the mechanism just let us know.

Supporting the huge variety of external renderers and other 3th party software is certainly a topic for the team.

Luc

1 Like