Blend multiple curves

Hello all,

I am trying to blend multiple curves in grasshopper for 3d printing of clay.

Say I have one starting curve, is there a way that I can find the closest end point of any curve and blend it with the first curve? And then from the end point of the second curve, find the closest end point of another curve and blend it, so on and so forth?

These are the random lines that i have generated, intended to criss cross

This is what i am trying to achieve with little blends at the ends of the lines, forming 1 open curve as the end result.

random mesh generate.gh (12.5 KB)

Very easy with code (I have no idea how to do it the other way).

But the 1M question is: why the reverse engineering? If you want a single Polyline that looks like the above Lines … well … notify if you want a very simple demo.

Or you want to get all the Crvs/Crv Ccx events and create Polylines/BrepFaces?

And by what means this is a random mesh generator?

Hello
does this help ?

A demo for that would be great!

Sorry for the confusion, I did not mean mesh as in Brep/Surfaces.

i am trying to create a single polyline that has the random weave texture that would allow me to 3d-print clay in a single stroke. So the connectors would ideally need to be outside of the square boundary for me to cut off later.

Well … that’s ENTIRELY different to the initial issue description. In the mean time see what I have already on hand (very close to the 2 images provided initially).

How it works:

1. You define a random (how much random is random (LOL) is up to you) guide Polyline (it could be a Triangle, a Rectangle or any Polyline);

2. Then you define div pts ( proportional to the min side size) , you connect them randomly (various checks ensure a no bananas result) and then you can output 4 things

Bad news: is C# code.
Good news: is not what you want.

1 Like

here is a way
Fron that

To That

Or another way

random mesh generate LD v2.gh (43.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

The definition with the circular joints look like something that I could use!

Could you kindly send me the definition?
The attached GH file seems to only have the second method.

Thank you!

Here I have another solution.

I made a component which can connect the Near end (or the Other end) using three different Continuity types:

• Position (straight lines)
  • Tangency
  • Curvature

Also the bulging of the Blends can be modified.

Fig 1. The three continuity types:

One can also flip the ends which are Blended so that the “far end” is Blended instead:

Fig 2. Blend to far end of a line which has the other end nearest:

Fig 3. The component doing the work (with some “display components” connected:

Hover with the mouse over the component to show a description text.

Addendum: If Blending with straight lines (“Position” continuity) and applying different colors, it can look pretty interesting (“BlendOtherEnd” in this case):

// Rolf

1 Like

Here the script with 2 versions
the connectors are outside the the colored square

I don’t find the arc one is the best as circles could have a big radius.
The rectangle connectors seem better, you could change the distance by using an offset

If you change the beginning index and so optimizing the total length

random mesh generate LD.gh (61.7 KB)

But (accoding his 2nd set of images - that have nothing in common with the 1st set) he’s after some result “like” this:

Ops… didn’t se that he changed the task.

@aastonyap - It would be very helpful if - when changing your mind - modifying & clarifying what you want in the original post .

// Rolf

Well … these things happen => no big deal.

Given the opportunity and for the general case of his (MK2 version) goal(s) desired I have a tough challenge for you: Forget ugly/freaky meshes for a while and try to do this (any N of push/pull attractors) :

I hear you: but this is solved many times here and there.

Well … in fact No . Spot the “even/gradual” deformation PLUS the obvious fact that you should never overpass any pulling attractor (i.e. going beyond his “event horizon” domain).

1 Like