I’ve been trying to connect horizontal Beams to a shell without any success…
The process I followed is :
- creating the columns and beams
- split the beams with the ‘Karamba’ - “LLinter”.
- subdivide the beams (between 5 to 10 subdivision).
- collect the subdivided beams’ endpoints’ - removing duplicates
- adding the points to the ‘Karamba’ - “Mesh Breps”
The Results are showing little to no effect from the beams to the shell concerning utilization and displacement.
Besides, once connecting the model the ‘Cross Section Optimisation’ - The Result had reached up to cross-sections of concrete 1000cm Height (50cm width) and still got and a notification - ‘The biggest cross-section is not big enough’.
When removing the slabs, the results are reasonable.