Assign Material to Layer using Grasshopper + Human

I’ve been trying to assign a material to a Rhino layer using Human but I can’t seem to get it to work. Does anyone know how to do this?

Assign Materials To Layer_Forum Query_Human.gh (33.4 KB)

3 Likes

Did you download the latest version for Rhino6?

I had the same problem, but I figured out that I was probably using one older version of Human.

Hi Rodolfo - yes I did download the latest version but I still couldn’t get this aspect of it to work.

If you or anyone else has any ideas how to do it that would be very useful. As the moment I am able to make new layers with layer colours defined in grasshopper, but then I have to use the Rhino command SynchronizeRenderColors to get the layers to have a basic material the same colour as their layer colour.

Assign Materials To Layer_Forum Query_Human.gh (29.3 KB)

Thanks for having a look, but that’s not quite what I’m after.

What I want is for a material to be applied to the Rhino Layer, in the same way that the layer colour is currently being applied to the Rhino Layer.

The objects should then take their material from the layer that they are baked onto by being set to ‘Use Layer Material’.

I currently use materials in this way because I find it the simplest way or organizing my Rhino files. Mostly my layers comprise a series of objects with the same material, so I simply apply the material to the layer. If you can suggest a simpler way of working around this please let me know!

Apparently, It doesn´t work. Even if you “steal” the properties of another layer with a custom material when you bake it, doesn´t recognize.

Yes - I never managed to get it to work… Thank you for trying anyway!

That might be late but Lunchbox Obj Bake works fine for me if my understanding of the problem is correct. MATERIAL.gh (14.3 KB)