-Arrowhead Size and Type

Arrowhead is a good annotation tool, could be even better with size option independent from Print With and a few different types, for annotating different things.

Hi Bogdan -
We have a few arrowhead-related issues on the wish list.
I’ve added this thread to RH-37989 Add arrowhead display style to ends of curves
-wim

1 Like

Thanks @wim , Most people don’t know but with Rhino one can do diagrams better than with Illustrator , faster and more flexible! Actually I want to put togheter a small How-To guide.

But some small things are still missing. Like the -Arrowhead.
Besides Arrow it should also have Pointhead and Squarehead as type for example.

Hi -

For the time being, I’d look into using leaders with custom arrows.
-wim

ehh… ok, but not as good as arrowheads.

I’m also wandering if Annotation styles should be taken out from Rhino Options in order to become a Window of its own, just like Properties, Named Views…

It will be for flexible and user friendly…

1 Like

The arrows in viewport print preview and actual print are completely different instead of being exactly the same…

That’s correct, yes.

As I said before, for the time being, I’d look into using leaders…
-wim

1 Like

Couple things:

• 1 on the arrowhead style thing. Setting up a template for reverse engineering STL’s which is sorta it’s own beast, and due to the extreme levels of zoom.required to clean up some of these abysmal tessleations, its easy to lose your bearing and orientation. To assist I’ve added axis indicators on a layer via curves that are lighter/darker shades of the RBB curve indicators, just brighter and easier to see, and being on a layer can be easily toggled on and off. However it’d be nice to have a big ol honking arrow at the end to make it easier to spot "+Y / +X / +Z when orbiting all over the place and merging faces and doing other “pre clean up” surgery to give the convert Mesh to NURBs something a little less hellish to deal with.

Spent a good half hour trying to figure out how to apply an annotation style to it only to find you can’t as you can’t.

Other note:

(Seen this for a while now but usually wasn’t an issue as I’ve had my annotation styles set for printed docs for years an it’d been a while since I’d done one.

Was cooking an new style for use in in model dimensions as physical reminders in model space of the stuff that would need to occur down the pipeline, and this stuff is tiny, like 1/4mm text height (again mainly to be used as in model space notes).

IT was then that I saw this bit again:

It’s been like that for a while now, just never bothered docking it, as I don’t often make to to the annotation styles dialog.

Window’s not totally black (you can see there’s stuff in there, just impossible to decipher.

This is in light mode if that matters.

Hi -

Please run the Rhino SystemInfo command and copy-paste the output here.
-wim