ArrayLinear — Can Second Point be the End of the Array?

Hi Folks,

I’m using the LinearArray command, and I’d like to be able to pick the starting and ending points of the Array… and have all of the array divisions fall in between those two reference points.

As it’s setup now after I choose the starting point,… the next point I need to choose is for where the second element of the array will be located… and I don’t always know where that’s going to be.

So I’m not sure if there a setting I can adjust, or a different command to use be better used for my application.

Thanks for Reading,

Jim D

1 Like

Hi Jim,
In this thread there’s a python script that does what you are after.

Thank You, @siemen,

I appreciate it very much.

This will actually be the first Python script I’ve ever tried in Rhino, so I’ll be looking forward to that.

Take Care, and Thanks Again,

Jim D

Scripts are nice, but I would like to have History enabled on the result.

The ArrayLinear command is very rudimentary, sadly like many commands in Rhino.

Hello- Array in V8/WIP has a ‘fill’ mode which does, I think, what you want. That is not yet in ArrayLinear however.

RH-74609 ArrayLinear- add Fill mode

-Pascal

2 Likes

Just popping in to also point out that for this purpose I usually use ArrayCrv because it has the ability to specify the number of items, or the distance between items.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out!

One amongst a myriad examples on how very similar tools in Rhino offer inconsistent options!

I’ll use ArrayCrv instead in V7 from now on, since it works just as well with lines… and also, it allows for at least a length change history update by keeping the line around… but sadly not a count change (again, so very few tools in Rhino support actually updating the history parameters which is very unfortunate).

+1 for the same option for ArrayLinear