Any News regarding BIM in Rhino?

Hi guys, I have been using Rhino extensively for Modelling and producing 2D Drawing for Architecture, and I remember mentioned something about the possibilities of making BIM feature in Rhino, is there any development team now considering this issue? I seriously think Rhino BIM is a great selling point. although there are few plug ins to support BIM in Rhino (Like RhinoBIM or Grevit) it will not become a standard practice in Architecture if the feature itself is not native in Rhino.

What do u guys think? especially for Development team?
Thank u

I think the dev team at McNeel should focus on development of top-notch 3D modelling features that are not application specific. BIM is specific to the application of Rhino in architecture and will only benefit a sub-set of Rhino users.
The plug-in architecture allows others to hook specific functionality into Rhino, and it has led to a wide array of new applications in the Rhino eco system. RhinoBIM is one of them, and for our application in ship hydrodynamics we have developed a host of plug-ins to support our internal and external users.

I don’t think I agree with your statement that it won’t become standard practice if not available in native Rhino. It is up to the architects and other users of such functionality to make it standard practice, if they see the added benefit to it. So what if it comes in the form of a plug-in?

Just my €0.02 :smile:

1 Like

oh BIM… thats one of those things which you can call the AI (argus eye) of architecture. which replaces the design flow of a carefully thought through, with a fast food attitude of still here a new room where i can hang up my washing approach.

sooner or later there is no need for BIM anymore it will all become part of an automated algorithm which calculates which person of which intellect is due to which size of toilet.

not being sarcastic but probably even optimistic :wink:

1 Like

sooner or later there is no need for BIM anymore it will all become part of an automated algorithm which calculates which person of which intellect is due to which size of toilet.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Of course. If you would just pay me the time it takes to do everything by hand i may even do it in autocad :wink:

c.

every good work has its price, some things are for free.

and really understanding sustainability is priceless i believe,
because thats where future gets a root for growing into a fruitful tree.

That’s exactly what guys from the dev team said in a different topic.