I have a problem where any action performed on an annotation hangs the whole program for 2-5 seconds, even just selecting or deselecting it.
It happens only with my custom template, which worked perfectly fine in V6. Do I need to make a new template file and save it as a V7 3dm? I also have a custom annotation style in that template but the problem is not related to the custom style, because the problem persists with the built-in annnotation styles.
I have disabled all plugins that don’t ship with rhino and freshly installed the latest Rhino 7 version also on my 2nd Windows PC where the same problem occurs.
Hello - I do not see any delay here but I see there is Vray , Tibidabo and Rhino ART stuff in this file - I do not have any of these installed here, are you certain these plug-ins are disabled when you start Rhino?
I just installed Rhino 7 fresh today and uninstalled all old plugins (VisualARQ, RhinoCAM). I also used the default rhino template. Still having massive lags, far worse than on my main PC - about 5-10s for every action.
Hi @brglez.primoz if this issue was happening when VisualARQ and Tibidabo were not loaded, I doubt VisualARQ has anything to do on this problem.
However, after the fresh Rhino 7 and VA install, you say there are no issues. If you load VisualARQ then (just by running any command), does the issue appear?
Or it’s just when you select a VisualARQ template as default?
The issue starts happening as soon as I open a VisualARQ template for the first time. The biggest problem is that the issue doesn’t go away (even for non VisualARQ templates) afterwards. The only solution is to manually delete the settings files mentioned above.
It looks like that the first time a VisualARQ template is loaded, some settings which cause this issue get baked into the rhino settings file (the settings file size also increases, see example above) and from that point on, the issue is global, regardless which template is being used or if the plugin is loaded or not.
The Before and After setting files I posted above, were copied immediately before and after opening a VisualARQ template for the first time.
The issue goes away when I delete the following lines from the settings-Scheme__Default.xml file
(but it comes back the next time a VisualARQ template is loaded).