Alternative to Bongo for video textures / animated maps in Rhino 7?

Hi everyone,I am looking for a reliable way to playback or render video textures (animated maps) on a surface in Rhino 7.In older versions, I used Bongo for this task, but Bongo’s video texture component often results in black frames or crashes when rendering with the new Cycles-based Rhino Render.Since Bongo is no longer the ideal path for this workflow, what is the community currently using as a workaround?Is there a native way to feed an image sequence into a standard Rhino 7 material?Are there any recommended Grasshopper definitions or plugins (like Horster or Firefly) that can swap textures frame-by-frame during an animation?Should I rely on third-party renderers like V-Ray or KeyShot for this specific feature?Any advice, scripts, or workflow suggestions would be highly appreciated.Thank you!

Hi @Luis_Guillermo_León

I think you can feed an image list into Gh I think there are gh definitions floating around if you search the list.

Sorry to say you may not like this advice, but I think Rhino is severely limited in animation and rendering. I only use it for simple renderings and to generate pdf files for clients.

With the direct bridge to both Blender and Twinmotion I render and do all my animations in either blender, Twinmotion or Unreal. For me it makes no sense to stay in rhino to do these tasks. Blender is incredible and might take a bit to get used to but I’m very thankful I made the jump. Twinmotion is also easy to use and gives great results. Also I feel cycles in rhino for animation is just too slow and error prone I can’t wait that long to do renders and try to work around all the things it can’t do.

I love and do 95% of my 3d creation in rhino as well as plans and 3dmodels for manufacture but for animation I turn to other programs. I long ago asked that McNeel fold bongo into Rhino and get Eevee as an alternative for fast animation rendering.

RM

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reply. I apologize for the late response. You wrote quite a bit, which I wasn’t expecting. I think this is the first time I’ve asked a question through this channel. Thanks for the advice; I’ll use Blender.