Aligning surface

I have a attached a picture that shows 2 arrows:

Red arrow- created in Rhino using planar surface

Blue arrow- an element from revit that was imported to Rhino using Grasshopper

Question is how do I mount the plane with the red arrow on top properly along with plane on the bottom? I can’t seem to do it.

The picture on the left shows a model that was created in Revit and I wanted to add a surface in this area, if you have any other good suggestions for using Revit/ Rhino/ Grasshopper, I would appreciate it. I would be glad if you could help me with this one, thank you.

Hi -

I’m not sure what that means.
Could you post the 3dm file?
-wim

3 point orient might do it.—-Mark

キャプチャ

Basically, I wanted to have this ramp to have a seamless rhino geometry and not with lines like that from Revit, without using hide inner edges in Revit in Visibility/ Graphics. I have attached the revit file as well.

ramp fix.rvt (3.1 MB)

How do I orient the top surface from Rhino with the bottom layer from Revit?

I would be glad if you could help me with this one.

トレン , not all geometry is going to come in clean, that will depend on the Rhino to Revit conversion. Bringing in your surface as a direct shape will quickly show you if Revit’s geometry translation could handle it or send it to a mesh.

In Rhino you can Orient 3pt the surface you made.

Another option would be to create a topo surface from points on Contours instead of using a floor.

Thank you for your answer; can I ask how you were able to do this in Rhino?
キャプチャ 2

This was done with the Contour Command and then Divide Command.

I got the top surfaces out of your Floor Geometry with ExtractSrf command.

This can be done in Grasshopper as well, but like the previous example you will need to add points if you are looking to get the exact shape.

Re_MakeTopo.gh (8.9 KB)

Thank you, I was able to follow your grasshopper script, but is there a way in grasshopper I can get the points on this edge as well?

The edge along with the arrow, doesn’t have points, I was wondering if it is possible to get points for this line.

This isn’t going to have the desired shape you want due to the nature of Topopoints. If there are like elevations its going to make a connection.

Re_Re_MakeTopo.gh (13.2 KB)

I found a solution thanks to the script you made, I baked the cull pattern and then I use the extractwireframe command from rhino; and then I used the patch command, it looks good. I was just wondering if there was a way to do it purely in grasshopper but I think it would take more effort to do so.
Thank you!