Adobe Substance SBSAR support in Rhino 7

Yes! (Exclamation point required for the 4 character minimum)

1 Like

Apologies if this has an obvious answer, but will there be any possibility for compatibility with Rhino v6?

no, sorry-

Cannot wait for SBSAR support for MAC Rhino! Looking forward to this game changer. Any update?

2 Likes

maxwell know import materials from substance.

it is working like a plugin too and its very nice integration.

We now have a version 2 update to Adobe Substance Materials support in Rhino. Now material can be imported and then edited within Rhino’s material panel. See the video below for details:

13 Likes

Hi @scottd,

The previous version available through the package manager was 2.0.10-beta; the new one is 2.0.0. Are we stepping back a bit or is this a numbering anomaly?

2.00 is the full release, (not beta)

1 Like

Im new to Rhino and i just installed the substance plug in. Im trying to import some SBSAR that i created is designer but they arent bringing the color with them for some reason. Does anyone know why this might be?

Love the substance plug-in in Rhino.

What channels should be selected when exporting?
There are so many…

what are you exporting and to where? your image did not post, clarify please?

Exporting as an .sbsar file for import into Rhino with the substance plug-in for Rhino.

FWIW- I tested the substance plug in loaded thru packagemanager on an m1 Mac (Monterey) today and it works here.

please try it and let us know how it goes.

to load, run the packagemanager command, type substance in the search box, install and restart rhino. You will now have a substance type material in the material types list-

Hello,
I have been using the Substance importer (I have the last version installed 2.0.3) for quite some time and lately, I haven’t been able to import new textures into Rhino as they don’t load (from Substance sampler). I wanted to know if there is a fix? Also, the current version of the plugin is quite old so maybe it needs to be updated? Thank you in advance,

can you post a material you are trying to import?

also the systeminfo from your rhino install?

Hi, I cannot post the material as SBSAR files are not supported by your system. Is there any other way I could provide it to you?

Just zip it and then upload in a reply.

Systeminfo + SBSAR.zip (19.9 MB)
Hi,
There we go.
Also, I have another issue; when importing maps into Rhino to create a PBR texture, I have to delete the name of my texture prior to sending the maps to Rhino if not the software cannot allocate properly the different maps to the corresponding slots (ambient occlusion map to the proper slot for instance). It seems that you have limited the character numbers of the files which might be the cause of the problem.

Thank you,

Hi,

I wanted to make a follow up regarding the issues I reported recently.

Thank you in advance,

Oualid

I’m seeing the same behaviour in both v7 and v8-
@andy can we show this to the substance folks?