Adding More Attractors

I know it was discussed many time, but unfortunately can’t find a way to add more attractor points to control a surface.

I aslo trying to find a way to be able reverse direction for different attractors and their influence.

Cheers

RoofMassing.gh (10.7 KB)

add more attractor points

Use pull point instead of distance

reverse direction for different attractors

Put them either above or under the surface depending on the direction you want to push.

Will try
Thank you

Pul point doesn’t produce a smooth result unfortunately.
I have attached a Rhino plane with modified control points, this is a shape I am after but in GH with points I can move around, up and down. On edges as well.

Pull point doesn’t produce a smooth result unfortunately.

Pull point doesn’t determine smoothness, it just gets distances. It is up to you what to do with them.

If you want to pull control points that is not the same as an attractor, just move the surface control points with point deform.

PTDeform.gh (11.2 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I want to use attractor points as it will give me control to where to create a bump on a surface.

So use attractor points to select which control points to move.

Or use a graph on your pull point.

PullPtGraph.gh (11.2 KB)

1 Like

Sorry, but can’t get a smooth surface like attached :frowning: with this methods.
Maybe It will be quicker to model in Rhino and then use a surface to model all the roof panels and structure in GH.

Sorry, but can’t get a smooth surface like attached with this methods.

Have you tried adjusting values and placing attractors in dif places? Seems fine here.

PullPtGraph.gh (11.0 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you Michael. It works. I have done some adjustments to it.

I did not see a response for changing the direction of a Pull Attractot