Add Create new topic button at bottom of topic

It would be nice if at the bottom of a thread, there was a “create new topic” button so one could directly make a new post without having to go back to the main forum list to click +create topic.

Thx, --Mitch

3 Likes

Hey Mitch,
This is a discourse specific wish. I would either mention people like @sam or @discourse or even better make the request on http://meta.discourse.org/

I could make the request for you, but I really don’t want to become the middle man and misinterpret your requests

Keep in mind, we have been pretty deliberate about adding a certain amount of friction to creating topics out-of-the-box.

That said, if mcneel feel strongly that the friction should be reduced a plugin could possibly be crafted.

For example this is a possibility.

There are 2 unread and 28 new topics remaining, browse other topics in Meta, or [create new meta topic]

I do not really see the need for this in our default on settings, but perhaps it may make sense in some communities.

It does, right of the bat, expose some community issues cause you would be encouraging users to create topics when they have clearly may have not seen what is on the front page, this can easily encourage duplication.

1 Like