Active tab at Rhinoceros starting

Hello! :blush:
I’m developing plug-in using C++.
The feature I’m trying to implement is: If the current session of Rhinoceros is closed with active (selected) tab “Properies”

then after the start of new Rhinoceros session this tab will be also active (by default as I can see the left tab is always active after Rhinceros loading).

For this I:

1. I save the ID’s of active tabs (gotten by CRhinoTabbedDockBarDialog::GetOpenTabIds()) in register.
  2. After Rhinoceros start (in CRhinoIsIdle) I show saved tabs (ShowDockbarTab)

The question is:
When can I save active tabs? I want to save them right before closing of Rhinoceros. But in “OnUnloadPlugIn”, “OnCloseDocument”, “OnCloseRhino” dockBar’s are already destroyed and “GetOpenTabIds” returns nothing.

For now I save them in “OnEndSaveDocument”. But it would be great to save active tabs even without document saving.
Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi @zer41k,

Try overriding CRhinoPlugIn::OnSaveAllSettings and handle your saving there.

– Dale

1 Like

Thanks for reply @dale
Yes, this method is called really the first after the closing of Rhinoceros. But even in “OnSaveAllSettings” the “GetOpenTabIds” method returns nothing…
So I suppose it’s impossible for now to find ideal place for saving

Hello,

Is the main problem here that you want Rhino to remember the active tab when it starts? If so I logged that as a bug RH-46449. @dale and I looked into CRhinoPlugIn::OnSaveAllSettings and it appears to be getting called later than it should in Rhino 6. I logged the OnSaveAllSettings bug as RH-46448