3DM import with layer

Hi,

i need help. I can´t programming in python but i need an element getting the correct layers from a file into grasshopper. Then i want to get this file with the correct layers into other files. Can someone help me please. :slight_smile:

unnamed.gh (7.1 KB)

Typically Elefront or Human would be used to get attributes then bake into a new file via worksession.

Thank you for the fast answer, but with my file it doesn´t work… I want to see every layer of ervery element…unnamed.gh (5.4 KB)

you will have to post the linked file, too

I’m not familiar with import3DM, do the layers show up if you attach the file via worksession?

Human has an improved “Read 3dm file” component that lists the layer and attributes for each object.

i use rhino 5 does it workes there too? i can not find the button

I don’t remember, I haven’t developed for Rhino 5 in a long time. This user object should work / do the same thing.
Read 3dm file (advanced).ghuser (4.4 KB)

perfect it works, thank you so much :slight_smile:

is there a chance to get insert just a group by name like in the “normal” “3dm reader” :slight_smile: ?

What do you mean? like an object or layer name filter? I don’t think the native component does anything with groups, does it?

i need the same filter like this “Name” filter :

try this one

read-3dm-with-name-filter.gh (6.0 KB)

it works perfect thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like