3D CAD Modeller (Rhino)
Marc Newson Ltd
Marc Newson is one of the most acclaimed and influential designers of his generation. He has worked across a wide range of disciplines, creating everything from furniture and household objects, to bicycles and cars, private and commercial aircraft, yachts, various architectural commissions, and signature sculptural pieces for clients across the globe.
• Create and manage the 3D master design model in Rhino for a multi-deck mega yacht project
• Work with the internal design team to ensure that the model is both up-to-date and accurate
• Assist with other transport and general design modelling as required
• 12-month fixed-term contract (with potential for renewal)
• London-based studio role (currently work from home, but successful hire must be London-based and able to attend studio working sessions on short notice.)
• At least five years’ experience 3D modelling in Rhino. Experience in yacht exteriors, interiors, and furniture is preferred, though not required.
• Experience in managing large data sets.
• A comprehensive knowledge of design, work to a high level of dimensional accuracy, and ability to create light surfaces.
• Ability to work as part of a team within tight deadlines.
• Must have the legal right to work in the UK/sponsorship not available.
• Advanced 3D modelling skills, excellent proficiency in Rhino with solid experience in understanding the development processes
• Evidence in the CV of technical detailing
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “3D CAD Modeller” in the subject heading.
Start date: January 2021