Real Time Update

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the following would be possible in Rhino Scripting and if so can they offer any advice.

I have two sets of points each set in a group, 1 group design and 1 group as surveyed. At present I can obtain the vector error between the appropriate point pairs and represent this as an X,Y Z error drawn in Rhino with the appropriate text added to show the magnitude.

This is where I get stuck

I want to select the group of as surveyed and move the group with the vector errors and text updating in real time as I drag and move the group. This I assume means that each point pair would have to have some form of connectivity that could be updated

Do you think this is possible and if so any suggestions as to how I should go about it as this is starting to push my boundaries of being self taught when it comes to scripting.

Roger

Hi Roger,

is this RhinoScript or Python ? The closest idea i could think of in RhinoScript is to create aligend dimensions between point pairs with history enabled.

c.

Hi Clement

Rhinoscript if possible as Python is new to me. I had considered the align dimension and moving the control point with the surveyed point but not sure if I could do it to multiple points at the same time, I must give it a try.

I was worried I was overlooking something simple and making the job harder than I need and with such wealth of experience out there I thought I better ask before I dive in.

Regards

Roger

Geo-Spatial Survey Solutions Ltd

Mobile +44(0) 7713 160041

http://www.geo-spatial.co.uk www.geo-spatial.co.uk

Hi Roger, i´ve tried it with point objects and it seem to work, even when they where grouped before. One thing which helps to not destroy the history is to look the dimensions. If you move one point or a group or all groups it updates. However if you move a dimension it kills history.

It is possible to set up the dimensions using Rhino.EnableHistoryRecording

c.

Hi Clement

You are ahead of me I have not had such good fortune as you, probably because I kept losing the history as I did not think of locking the dimension. I will keep trying.

Roger

Geo-Spatial Survey Solutions Ltd

Mobile +44(0) 7713 160041

http://www.geo-spatial.co.uk www.geo-spatial.co.uk