Wrap flat surface around extrude curve

Hi all,

As you can see on the image, I have a pattern of a leaf on a 900x3000 mm drawing. I like to wrap it around the extrude curve.

I’ve tryed the apply curve function but that one didn’t work well enough because it wrapped it over the gap.

Would you have any other suggestions? a bounding box maybe or a way by using grasshopper.

Thank you in advance.

try FlowAlongSrf.

that should do what (i think) you’re after.

Hi, yes i tried that but it doesn’t work perfectly as you can see. the gap is still being used. Which is strange because the with of the curve and the width of the pattern is the same.

Any other solutions you might know about? I’ve added the file this answer.

Test for forum.3dm (2.0 MB)

Ah! for some reason apply curve did work now. I must have done something wrong the first time.

Thank you for your help Jeff.

Best,
Remy

In the file you provided the curved “surface” is actually a polysurface comprised of two trimmed surfaces. The two trimmed surfaces appear to be the result of trimming a single, closed surface. It looks like FlowAlongSrf was mapping to the untrimmed, not the trimmed surface. I replaced the two trimmed surfaces with a single untrimmed surface. Proceedure to do that was:

DupEdge for the trimming curves.
Explode the polysurface.
Delete one of the surfaces.
Untrim the other surface. (A closed surface results.)
Use SrfSeam to adjust the location of the seam in the closed surface to coincide with one of the trimming curves.
Trim the surface using the trimming curves.
ShrinkTrimmedSrfToEdge the trimmed surface.

Then use FlowAlongSrf

1 Like