Wish: Rhino version information in option update and statistics

Hi @brian,

please can you add a text information about the current installed version in the option “update and statistics”.

I find it confusing to see update information, without knowing what is installed at the moment:

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

4 Likes

I asked this in the past… let’s see if they hear you… :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Meyer,

I’m intrigued: I hope you don’t mind me asking, but if you were presented with the information there, how would that change your behaviour?

Regards
Jeremy

LOL, “Diese Rhino Version ist auf dem neusten Stand”? Was ist denn das bitte für ein schwerfälliges Deutsch?

Hi @Jeremy5,

this is an example. You will believe it or not, I have seen Rhinos, with inactive or active internet connections, where you can read everything is uptodate, but with old versions.

Nethertheless, it would be nice to see here the version, instead to look also to the Help/Info window with the version info in micro font size.

Thanks

Michael

1 Like

For example, to see if you have a SR or a SRC installed…
Also, where else rhino should show the installed version instead of the “Update” section?

This was requested, among other places, in https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-50906

2 Likes

what would you expect this sentence to look like?

Wie wärs denn einfach mit “Rhino ist auf dem neusten Stand”?

that makes a tiny difference.

“Dies ist die aktuelle Rhino-Version.”
(this is the current Rhino version)

In English please… Or I will have to learn swahili French Japanese? maybe I will choose Chinese :thinking: wise decision!

RH-50906 is fixed in Rhino 7 Service Release 10 Release Candidate

1 Like