WISH: "Flange" tool

Hello - I see - guess you are running in the WIP - please download the latest from Github - thanks for pointing this out.

Any better?

-Pascal

Yes, It works well.
Thanks

Is this the FinTools official thread? It’s a superb tool so I can’t believe it hasn’t been officially integrated in Rhino yet (only 6 years since the thread started)! :smile:

I was surprised to see an error message using it that I hadn’t encountered before:

If you have time to take a look, here’s the objects I tried to use it on (curves are a result of an intersect and then joined and extended to the edges of the underlying surface):

fintools-greville.3dm (145.7 KB)

PS. As I mentioned in another thread, I’d love to have a ChainCurves option so one doesn’t have to join curves ahead of time (but that perhaps makes it a much more advanced tool, so that’s something for McNeel engineers to implement in C++ instead of Python). :+1:

2 Likes

That FinTools script is amazing. Many thanks.

Thanks for the example. I’ll have to trap that input I guess, I’ll take a look. This thing is pretty limited in what it can work with - I filter out kinky curves but polycurves maybe not - I’ll see if I can nurbify them before processing; my guess is the change in V7 to keeping polycurve segment degree and point count may be getting in the way here.

@eobet fixed here, thanks:
FinTools.rhp (64.5 KB)

-Pascal

3 Likes

Fantastic, thank you!

Hi Pascal, is there any chance to have this plugin for V8?

This was my original request, but after installing it again in V7 and restarting V8 the plugin loaded automaticaly. The problem I had was that I could not install the plugin using drag and drop to V8.

1 Like