Where are the Module Search Paths stored?

In Rhino Python Editor - Options there is a field “Module Search Paths”

Is this field in fact an ascii file that can be manually edit?

Hi,
According to the docs you can add locations to the PYTHONPATH environment variable
https://ironpython-test.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/modules.html

If you have Python3 installed and not Python2 you may be surprised by the number of errors you get.

I have IronPython installed (standalone portable) on a drive created using the subst cmd command. This enables me to work with absolute paths accross many machines.

It’ll be great if I can make a script to edit these paths of the ipy engine that’s embedded inside Rhino. Or if it could accept a file that contains my paths.

This guy (on my system):

C:\Users\AHD\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\settings.xml

1 Like

Can I move it to another folder?

I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t modify this file. That said, you could read/copy it without any problems (I assume).

I’m curious why? I only need to change the paths. Or somehow insert a line that reads and appends a file with my paths that’s with a specific user-defined location

Apparently in Rhino 6 they made it possible with a txt file :slight_smile:
C:\Users\peychev\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\config\mrurecords.txt

Although these are not paths but py files, hmm. :thinking:

Settings.xml in Rhino6 is settings-Scheme__Default.xml

If it is “Default” can I make non-default :stuck_out_tongue: