When using "-insert" how to insert block as object

When I use -Insert it gives me the option “Insert As” but when I select the option to change from block it doesn’t allow me to change the setting. I want to insert as an object. ??

Hmmm - works here.Is the control grayed out or it just does not stick when you change the radio button?

-Pascal

Hey Pascal, maybe he’s talking about the dash version here… I’m assuming on Windows…

@solidtooldesigns Seems to be working here… --Mitch

_-Insert
Name of block to insert ( File=No ): File=Yes
Name of file to insert ( File=Yes  LinkMode=Embed  Browse ): Browse
Insert as <Block> ( Block  Group  Objects ): Objects
Import scaling: Keep <ModelSize> ( DimensionNumbers ):
Insertion point ( Rotate  Scale ): 0
Scale factor <1.000> ( ReferencePoint  XYZ  Rotate ):
Rotation angle <0.000> ( AxisAlign  ReferencePoint ):

Oh duh… dash - thanks, got that now.

-Pascal

Hi guys, Thanks for your fast response. Here is a video of me trying to select other options:

I have the same issue whether I am using v5 or v6.

OK, thanks - I do not see that so far - I see all of the options (Insert as ( Block Group Objects )) … what is the block you are inserting, what is in it? Does it do this if you make a new block from say just a box?

-Pascal

Yes. I made a box, selected it, used the “block” command, and saved it as “box”. I just tried the “-insert” again and got the same results.

Hmm- if there is a legitimate way for that option list to be truncated, I do not know it… I’ll have to tap into some of the bigger brains. A restart of Rhino will probably do nothing but it would not hurt.

-Pascal

Have tried restarting v5 and v6. Same results.

FWIW, I am also seeing that behavior here if I use -Insert with a block that is already in the same file. I get the prompt

Insert as <Block> ( Block ):

but clicking on Block doesn’t get me the options, it goes directly to

Insertion point ( Rotate Scale ):

The object inserts as whatever my last choice was with normal Insert, if it was “Object”, I get a polysurface - even if I wanted a block.

Looks like the same behavior as in his video,

–Mitch

OK, I’m getting it now too- thanks all.

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-32642
-Pascal