What makes a SubD crease a crease?

Rhino 7 SR7 2021-5-25 (Rhino 7, 7.7.21145.13001…

This is strange, because when I check, Rhino says I’m up to date.

Hello - if you start Split, you should see the EdgeLoop command line option.

-Pascal

Pascal, I don’t even see Split. At least not anywhere under SubD. See above. I see a Split Edge in the dropdown on the command line, but I don’t think that applies to SubD. @martinsiegrist’s screenshot shows Split, mine does not. Maybe he has the “deluxe” version.

I’m confused - the if the Split command is missing, then there are serious problems with your Rhino…

-Pascal

Alright, I’ve now reached my stupid quota for the week and it’s only Wednesday!. I see just plain Split in the command line and it works on the edge loop. I still don’t see what Martin sees in his SubD Dropdown however. I’m downloading the SR candidate to see if it shows up there.

I’d still like to accomplish this split in GH, but the SubD tools there are still pretty sparse IMHO.

I just downloaded the latest SR candidate, which matches @martinsiegrist 's build, and now I see it. I’ve got to lie down for a while.

1 Like

did you toolbarreset-

I did toolbarreset yesterday, but to no avail. It looks like the problem was resolved by downloading the latest SR candidate, not the latest SR release. Which one were you guys using when you were advising me?

I’m on 7.8 here internally. I don’t believe that has been release publicly just yet…

That’s correct, Kyle

Version 7 (7.7.21145.13002, 2021-05-25)

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

Pascal could creased edges be highlighted by a different color? Other sub-d modeling programs use this approach to define creases in the objects mesh.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks Kyle, very helpful!

I have the same problem: My Rhino is up to date, I ran the ToolbarReset command / Rhino relaunch twice, and I still cannot get the “Split at Edge Loop” in the menu.

Are there any plans to implement variable creases?

No such plans.

1 Like

What would be a variable crease?

This:

crease

:wink:

2 Likes

I would classify this as an edged weight tool.

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

Ah… Thank’s for sharing~ :thinking: