Visual ARQ 2 / Visual ARQ 3 WIP & Rhino 8 WIP

I am a research professor at a public university; if possible, add me to the list (RH8, VA3 & LD3); thank you.

Can you add me to the list of the WIP version?

@Carlos_Alfredo_Bigur, @GT-InternalResources there is no such a list. VisualARQ 3 Beta (there won’t finally be a WIP), will be available for users with a VisualARQ 2 license. We will let you know on this Topic when we publish the first Beta version.

Hi everybody, I’m glad to announce we have finally released the first Beta version of VisualARQ 3.

You can see the news here: VisualARQ 3 Beta released!

There are still some features in progress that are not yet available (merge of section styles with section attributes, IFC4 support, or export layouts to dwg, as well as other adjustments), but we will be publishing new Beta versions in the following weeks as long as we implement these features and fix issues.

I encourage you to test VisualARQ 3 beta and get your valuable feedback as usual!

Since this Topic got too long, I encourage you to share comments, and report issues on new Topics on this Rhino Forums or write to us at visualarq@asuni.com.

5 Likes

Hello Francesc,

I have a student license for Visualarq 2. It didn’t work with the new beta. I received my key directly from Cloud Zoo.
I just wanted to test the new features. I’m very excited.

Will we get access to the beta with a Educational version of Arq2?

Best regards Sven

Hi @user2745 Sven, do you know your VA 2 Edu license key? you should be able to download the Beta and run it, also if you pull the license from the Cloud Zoo. Did you have problems to download or to use it?

Yes, I took the key from here (Cloud Zoo):

And this happed:

Thanks for the fast reply :slight_smile:

So it seems the license is not correct. Please send me by PM the license key and I’ll verify if it’s correct.

@user2745 make sure you are not using the Serial Number, but the License key (should start with VA20-…)

1 Like

Anyone tested/tried the Hidden display mode? that might play a big role in R8.

Do I need a R8 licence for the beta to work or can I use the evaluation version?

I’m getting this error even with R8 SR3 installed (Evaluation)

Hi,

Make sure you have the final Rhino 8 SR3, not a release candidate. The version numbers are 8.3.24009.15001, and the build date is 2024-01-09.

Enric

Hello,

Thank you for the new release and I look forward to discovering the new features. I’m sure they will be great.

However, the first thing after installation and I don’t know what is wrong - I don’t see the VA palette in grasshopper and therefore a number of features and library styles don’t work.

Thank you

Probably you have Rhino 8 using the .NET Core runtime. There is a warning message when you load VisualARQ that informs of the issue. Some VisualARQ features (specifically the ones that use the RhinoCommon SDK), do not work yet when the .NET Core Runtime is used. You can change to the legacy .NET Framework Runtime using the SetDotNetRuntime command.

Enric

1 Like

Do you mean monochrome? I’m getting some display issues with that. I’ll open up a new thread on it once I have a chance to dig in a bit.

VA2 Has a special display mode called “Hidden”. It blocks out background objects and allows you to have Vector output in 3D (without resorting to some of the tactics you see me doing). If they’ve improved it in VA3 it would be a huge addition to Rhino.

I had previously thought the “Hidden” mode just came with out-of-the-box Rhino but it’s Asuni’s.

Ah, gotcha. I don’t think Hidden has seen any further development.

Monochrome seems to be like hidden but with shading, but the shading doesn’t work great. Particularly with VA objects. I’ll open a new thread to cover that.

R8 can now export the Technical display mode as vectors, natively. It’s not too advanced yet, but under active development.
That’s one example for a parallel development between McNeel and Asuni. Can you not, somehow, don’t ask me how, merge assets with them and bring one good display mode for us users, with vector output and fill hatches (and ideally textures as bitmap, like Sketchup Layout can do)?

6 Likes