Hi everyone, I need users to draw Polylines on a GH-Mesh Preview in the Rhino-Viewport which are then used as Input for the rest of the Script.
I’m not sure how to even approach this problem.
So far I used HumanUI to set up a button to trigger a c# Component that:
- bakes a mesh to Rhino,
- runs the “_Polyline persistentonmesh” Command via RhinoApp.RunScript,
- gets the Polyline outcome and adds it to a List of drawn Polylines,
- purges the mesh and Polyline from Rhino,
- outputs the updated List of Polylines.
This is pretty hacky though because:
- The preview of the mesh in the viewport is pretty different from the Grasshopper “Custom Preview” that I use to show the results of the Script
- Grasshopper freezes during the Command
- Script-results (Meshes) stop showing because GH is frozen
- Polylines stop outputting during the command
Is there a better way to do this?