Unreal Engine 5... get ready for jaw drop

Thanks Scott looking forward to future developments in Twin and the release of your webinar.
RM

@scottd

Do you know the status of RTX in Twinmotion? I wasn’t able to get satisfactory water reflections without it. I can’t really find any recent discussion about it and a quick poke through the program didn’t reveal anything.

I do not. So much is changing month to month. You can ask them. https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/architectural-and-design-visualization

1 Like

It seems odd that the Direct Link with Twin Motion from Rhino is only one way. If I make changes in Rhino and hit the link those show up in TM but if I add some primitives like sidewalks in TM they don’t make it back to Rhino. I’m hoping that will be part of the seminar on the 20th. Still having fun and learning with each project in TM though. I usually do boats like Ryan and I’m happy with the water but I’m trying some simple architectural projects since I don’t usually have plants on my boats!

3 Likes

Here is the latest update, Unreal 5.2 and includes a new material system, the sumbstrate system.
(And procedural assemblies… that was awsome)

7 Likes

Hi @Holo

I watched it yesterday. Indeed that material shader and viewport realtime nano tech jungle is amazing I like they had a driver on stage driving the virtual truck in real time.

More exciting was the Meta human live link animation workflow that will really be a game changer when it matures.

Unreal is such an insane company, they constantly impress me. I can’t believe how much time it used to take me in max with vray to render things that I can now do in real time without rendering.

Have you tried the Twinmotion cloud? I’m totally impressed with it. Clients can now view models in fully rendered bliss without having to download anything just by clicking on the link. I posted a wish that models made in Unreal have the same ability.
RM

1 Like

I absolutely agree, Nanite is a game changer… 70+M polygon car that just drives around… moving a mesh that size in Rhino takes ages (I know it isn’t comparable, but still)

Yes, the Twinmotion cloud is amazing, works on anything with a modern webbrowser, even a phone.
But the material handling isn’t the best though, hope they updates that in the future, Opal seems interesting… Dragging, dropping and spinning HDRI’s are a bliss too, and so easy to have different ones for different views too.

I really hope the next Rhino can focus a bit on updated graphics too :wink:

2 Likes