Unable to Run honeybee energy simulation due to (degenerate surface) and (unable to calculate surface volume)

Hello, I am trying to run an energy simulation on my structure, which later can be used to generate comfort analysis. But the following warning shows up:

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error: Severe ** GetSurfaceData: There are 3 degenerate surfaces; Degenerate surfaces are those with number of sides < 3.
  2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** For zone: ZONE_0 it is not possible to calculate the volume from the surrounding surfaces so either provide the volume value or define all the surfaces to fully enclose the zone.
  3. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** Problem in interior solar distribution calculation (CHKBKS)

My original model has curved surfaces, since HB does not accept curved geometry, I had to construct, based on my original geometry, a closed Brep with multiple planar surfaces to run the HB analysis.
It’s possible that the warning from HB is due to the new Brep I created based on my original curved geometry, but I couldn’t find out the root of the problem.
I attached the grasshopper filedec202.gh (645.3 KB)

, in case anyone is willing to help me solve this problem, any help wil be greatly appreciated !!

the script labeled red is where my problem is.
p.s: you can replace the weather file to any other ones

You might wanna try your luck at the ladybug/honeybee forums.
Those guys probably have a better chance of answering you.

Ps. did you double post? (Unable to Run honeybee energy simulation due to (degenerate surface) and (unable to calculate surface volume))

FWIW, he did also post this question at the LB|HB forum:

At any rate, @ryanwu2459 - I can’t help you with the problem in that file. Just a few things:

• You need to use a bit of time reading on the LB|HB forum before you can post a file there. You can probably do that now, so I would just try again.
  • When posting GH definitions, try to reduce them to the bare necessities to show the problem. In your case, if in fact the warnings are thrown by the HB Run Energy Simulation component, instead of posting this:

you can just post this:

That will make it a lot easier for people to help you.
  • Note that there are a few mandatory inputs missing there - even if that probably isn’t the cause of those warnings that you refer to.
  • You can probably troubleshoot the issue a bit more yourself by using simple geometry first. If that works, you will know that the cause is, in fact, the specific geometry that is used here.

HTH,
w