Hi Willem - good catch.
It actually works with the typo. I guess fixing it now could potentially mess up any code written to-date
Caught it while trying to find a solution to your issue in the other topic.
I guess there will be a need to keep this typo method working and implement a copy of the method with the correct naming. But the developers will know how to solve this best.
Still not found a solution for the display mode ‘purging’ issue
Thanks, I figured! For a second I hoped the problem was that typo… but no.
I used to go about duplicating display modes via RhinoScript: exporting to .ini file, editing name and GUIDs there, and re-importing. There was no issue as I have with Python, all worked OK except it was a bit slower since the file export/import. When processing many modes Python speed gain would be great, if only I could solve the “purge” issue.
See the result if I run this:
import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs displaymodes = rs.ViewDisplayModes() for displaymode in displaymodes: print displaymode print rs.ViewDisplayModeId(displaymode)
Rendered NO curves
2D CELL SHADER
Edit: I managed to purge it by deleting every display mode in my list that I could delete and restart, did that a few times!
(Conceptual, Hidden and Realistic could not be deleted, they are part of Lands)
No, I cannot remember if I got anything working.
…it’s been a while …
In any case good luck!