Tree Branch Issues with Anemone, Orient Brep Loop

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to loop a randomizing orient 3 pt operation on an octahedron and I’m running into some issues with one of my tree branches within it. I’m using Anemone and Heteroptera on this. Each time it runs through a loop the path label for the 3 point subgroup changes (from {0;0;0;0} to {0;0;1;0;0;0;0;0} then to {0;0;1;0;0;0;1;0;0;0;0;0}. If I edit the list to reflect the new numbers it fixes the tree branch for a second and then goes into an error again with a new number set. Any thoughts on how to get around this so that it completes the loop successfully?

Ideally this operation will create random clusters of the shape lined up face to face, example of this shown in the attached file. Not 100% sure on how i’m going to perpetuate the loop and have it keep building off the new Breps, but I’ll try to figure that out after this issue is resolved.

Thanks!
Anemone_experiment.gh (37.6 KB) AnemoneExperiment.3dm (5.0 MB)

This also uses a user object from Hyungsoo Kim in the Forums, attached hereOrient3problem_re.gh (18.9 KB)

Hey
Is this what you’re looking for ?

Anemone_experiment_edit.gh (47.0 KB)

2 Likes

That’s it exactly, thanks so much! Any idea why the random seed generator wasn’t working for this?

I think that the seed generator was ok but the branch selection was a bit off. The items had way too many empty branches. In the example I’ve sent, you can see that the data flows with almost no empty branches. I’d also avoid in this case hardcoding the branch indecies and use the “tree statistics” component to retrieve them.

1 Like

@rajeev_pulari

i like your code its really impressive
i tried out my version of it

Anemone_experiment_edit.gh (44.3 KB)

1 Like