Time to take on Google?

@bobmcneel This linked from Code Project:

Are they trying to commandeer your product name?

I raised the issue because Google’s product is considerably closer to McNeels than most of the examples volunteered here. At what point do you (or more specifically, the law) draw the line?

Javascript integration for Rhino Grasshopper would be a very natural scripting transition for web programmers.

Might even make it easier to produce 3D web apps with Rhino/GH? Potentially monetized? Would love to see that.

Yeah it’s uncomfortably close with this one. Luckily I’m not in charge of or responsible for RMA trademarking.

Well, if millions of people get this wrong and buys what it takes to use McNeel’s GrassHopper, and only then realise that they got it wrong… I mean, why not?

McNeel can also benefit from this. Marketing amplification for free. I mean, huuuuuuge amplification. :wink:

// Rolf

2 Likes

I downloaded the Google Grasshopper and did the first few lessons last night. The origin of their name is R Adm. Grace Hopper, sometimes called the ‘Mother of Software’.

Pretty nice tribute and maybe worth a pass by David and McNeel as far as trademark goes.

Here is another recent development of graphical programming based on SCRATCH which was designed to teach coding to kids (about my level!)

Drag and drop the components to create a flight routine for a drone! 

Pretty nice tribute and maybe worth a pass by David and McNeel as far as trademark goes.

So even more of a reason to take on google :wink: