Interfacing Architecture, Engineering and Mathematical Optimization
September 22-24, 2017
Thomas Wortmann, **Judyta Cichocka, **and Adrian Krężlik will host a Master Class at the IASS 2017 Conference in Hamburg, Germany.
Join them to:
- Learn how to use simulation-based optimization in Grasshopper
- Learn about the differences between optimization algorithms in Grasshopper and when to use them
- Learn how to assess the performance of optimization algorithms
- Learn about differences between single and multi-objective optimization algorithms
- Experiment with benchmark problems
- Experiment with optimization problems from your own practice and research (bring your own optimization problems)
- Experiment with optimization and visualization tools not yet released publicly
Thomas and Judyta are researchers in architectural design optimization. Thomas is the lead developer of the machine learning related optimization tool Opossum and Judyta is a co-developer of the particle swarm optimization tool Silverye. Adrian is the founder and the owner of Architektura Parametryczna – the biggest Polish consultancy company in parametric design. (Find Thomas’ and Judyta’s work on Research Gate here and here.)
Registration closes on Tuesday, July 25, 2017.