Text field function to repeat text?

Im often having to repeat the same text on a layout, as in the example of section marker showing A - A on both sides. It would be nice if I could set one text to mirror the other. So if I wrote “A” in one area, the linked text would also show A. Basically like a spreadsheet function =(cell), where “cell” is the referenced original text that is to be mirrored.
Is that a thing yet?

Hi Peter - it is a thing in that if you mirror or copy text with History on, and change the text in the original, the coipies will follow along. Is that it?

-Pascal

No yet. As far as a “text field” style solution this is a little trickier than it looks. Having a text field that references another piece of text is something I want to implement at some point because with a little math support this becomes the beginning of spreadsheet type functionality (which is also what makes it tricky). I your case the referenced text is just a simple set of characters, but I also want to make sure that the referenced text could be another piece of text that contained a text field.

I did make a feature request for this at
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-49774

Thanks. Looking forward to it!

I dont think so. I think it’s more like what Steve Baer says… exactly like the =(cell) function in a spreadsheet application. Basically shows the same text as the referenced text.