Text command causes Rhino to crash each time

RH-59311 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate

I have exact same problem. Also it happens when I click dimension lines to edit them.

I can confirm that the issue is resolved. Right now, there are no more crashes when text command is activated. Thanks!

It seems Text and Dimension problems are solved after updating to SR28 through the link Brian offered. In my case, what I had been doing before were

1. Nvidia Driver update - no
  2. Net framework repair - no( I just followed the basic process of the repair tool)
  3. Deleted 3 fonts that I installed most recently(Braille kind) - no unfortunately
    I use rhino quite occasionally these days so that I cannot pinpoint from when these problems started to occur but I can only suspect now that windows update or installing these fonts may have caused the problems.
    I’m relieved now. Thank you for the heartful advices from many!

Hello, sorry to revive an old thread but I’m having this issue as well. Specifically, launching the text command works. Using the text window is fine as long as Arial is selected, but once I try to change the font, Rhino just crashes. I’ve tried updating Windows, repairing my Rhino, looking for Scriptina (I don’t have it) but I have loads of other fonts because of design work. Nothing’s worked so far. I’m currently on V8.3.

Hi,

Does Rhino crash when you select any other font than Arial or when selecting specific fonts?

Were you able to submit a crash report?

Hi Alain,

Rhino doesn’t crash with Arial - it only crashes when I click to try to change fonts. I’m unable to submit a crash report, no other window pops-up after the crash. Is there a way to do so post crash? Thanks.

Hi,

This might be a bit of a hassle but have you tried uninstalling the fonts that are not pre-installed on Windows and see if Rhino still crashes?

If Rhino doesn’t crash with the fonts removed then you could try reinstalling them one at a time and launch Rhino after every new font to find the culprit.

If that works I can then try to reproduce the problem by installing that same font.

I can’t think of anything else right now.

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply, didn’t notice the notification. I’ve tried uninstalling the fonts… now it’s okay. Curious to know what causes it with the fonts?

It’s difficult to tell.

If you wouldn’t mind reinstalling the fonts one at a time and testing in between each install then we’d know which font causes the problem (I guess there could be more than one …).

Once we’ve narrowed it down I could troubleshoot the problem by installing those fonts.