Tagging Lines based on length and point location

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to tag similar line and point groups. If there are 5 equal length lines with 3 points on them each and the points are all spaced 12" apart, they should all have the same number. For example. A4, A6, & A8 in the image should all have the same tag because they are the same. but I’m now stuck. I’ve attached my rhino and grasshopper def if anyone has the time to help.

Thanks.

Tag Test.3dm (36.5 KB)
Tag Test.gh (247.4 KB)

missing
missing2

I don’t have your plugins, don’t understand your question and don’t understand the point of your clusters: X REF, Special Curves and Curve Length Evaluation. So can’t help you at all, sorry.

Oh, sorry about that. I like to use clusters to clean things up. Okay I have updated the GH File. It should work for you now.

I’m just trying to tag similar line and point groups. If there are 5 equal length lines with 3 points on them each and the points are all spaced 12" apart, they should all have the same number. For example. A4, A6, & A8 in the image should all have the same tag because they are the same.

Hi,

Try this.

Cleared of Pufferfish, Elefront only for the text dot.

Tag Test.gh (242.5 KB)

1 Like

OMG thank you!!!

It seems that if the line changes direction, then it will assign it a different tag. Is there a way to prevent this?

Yes, you can use Flip Curve and use a LineSDL along Y axis as the guide to flip all curves in the same direction to start with. If I remember that was part of your original definition.

1 Like