Tactics for filleting complex geometry surface?

Hi, filleting edges sometimes gives me unhappy results but most of the cases I can fix manuals with Patch or Surface from network of curves.

However in some the case its beyond my ability…:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: Something like this:

The spikes were created with T-splines converted to polysurface and then booleaned with a nurb surface.

The this geometry cause overlapping fillets which results in lots if broken surfaces and there’s I way to fix them all manually… I’m wondering if there is any tactics towards cases like this?

The ideal effect I was trying to achieve is something like these:
圖片
圖片
圖片

The smooth transitions between each spikes, like the ferro-fluid thing.

Any comments is appreciated, thank you!

Hej Tim,

Rhino is a NURBS surface modeller and, unlike Creo or SolidWorks, cannot solve such overlapping filleting situations. So, you have to do it manually.

Tim,

I think your best bet would be either to try to rebuild this in T-splines and use a subdivided surface (it will give you that organic shape), or get a free trial of Onshape or Fusion and try to run your fillets through there. Looks like you are using Rhino 5 so T-splines should do the trick. Might be possible to make this through Grasshopper/Kangaroo too, but that’s another type of modeling all together.

I see, thanks for the advice!:slightly_smiling_face: