Suspended ceiling is oddly missing

The title is self explanatory, I’m relatively new to visualARQ and I’m in huge love for what Asuni team is doing with their software, but and this one is serious but for me, there is no tool whatsoever for suspended ceilings. I know it sounds simple but think about it, when I’m trying to export the IFC file for MEP purposes the mechanical technicians have hard time understanding where to put the HVAC system as these things usually goes above the suspended ceiling, the location of its opening usually controlled by us the architects yet I can not find an easy or at least intuitive way to put them. Also it’s about lighting, more often designer hides their fluorescent lights in a small “pockets” in the border of the suspended ceiling, this thing could effect the final rendering and the details drawing as well.
I’m not here to explain how important is the suspended ceiling is, I’m here to cast some light on how and why this feature is oddly missing ?
I really hope Asuni will implement this feature cause otherwise their plugin is wonderful specially if it paired with grasshopper and enscape.

1 Like

Hi @mahmoodmohanadalsuha, thanks for the request.There is no ceiling object in VisualARQ so far. But we can add it in future versions. You could also use a slab object instead. There are tools to add openings in it (vaSlabSubtract), for the light “pockets”, and edit its boundary easily through control points. If you need to define more level of detail, you could generate the hanging structure for the ceiling using beams. And from Grasshopper you could even do it automatically.

Alternatively, you can use Rhino geometry instead, and tag it with the desired ifc type, if you need to export the model to IFC.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply,
If the ceiling like the (attachmed image below) I usually creat my own visualARQ wall style with the extruded part on the top, but this workaround is not intuitive as it will not work if the shape of the ceiling irregular or there are more suspensions in the middle of the room.
I really hope to see this feature in the future versions,
Again thanks for your reply

This ceiling looks like more a moulding on the wall. Right now, I’d create it using Rhino geometry.