Split dendro volumes after volume difference operation

Hey everyone,

I have a problem with dendro volume difference. With the volume difference operation, I have splittet my original volume into two seperate, but entagled volumes. These two seperate volumes, are however still saved as one single dendro volume in the volume difference result. Now I am searching of a way to split these two volume halfes, to later completely get rid of one half. Does anyone know a way to do so?

Thanks a lot in advance

Versuch_skeletal_TPMS.gh (21.5 KB)

With the volume difference operation, I have splittet my original volume into two seperate, but entagled volumes.

You have a box and a cutter, and the result is the box being cut away by the isosurface cutter.
No two seperate, but entagled volumes.

Yes, that is exactly my problem. I am searching for a way to end up with two seperate volumes.
Maybe the volume difference operation is not the right one for this case, but i couldn`t think of any different option.
So either i need to find a different option to split a volume with another one, or I need two find a way to split the entangled, but not connected volume after the volume difference operation into two seperate ones.

Unfortunately there isn’t a “Disjoin Volume” component in Dendro so the only option it to (a) rework the Boolean logic to output the separated volumes or (b) do a Volume to Mesh out, Disjoin Mesh, then back into Dendro.

The Mesh Disjoin option is computationally slow but, in cases like yours, might be the only option.

1 Like

There is only one left at the end of the data stream.
Which one is the other one? The iso surface cutter?

Versuch_skeletal_TPMS Edited V0.gh (31.9 KB)
These two?

Thanks a lot for your help, it is maybe not a perfect option, but it works, solves my problem and might be the only option.

Thanks for your help. I meant the two volumes from Charlies solution though.