A product designers tasks comes in many shapes
I am working on a “Wedding Cake Toppers” for a client, that is going to be used in a campaign, and this is a sneak peak of the result:
The model will be 3D printed in glazed ceramics and the workflow was as follows:
Pose figurines in Poser, export to Rhino.
- Make dress, flowers, bowtie etc in Rhino.
- Modify all meshes and make them watertight in Rhino.
- The dress details are curves “flow along surface” to dress then curvepiped, then extracted mesh.
- Export all to Z-brush
- Make unified skin in Z-brush, brush up and smooth skin.
- Reduce mesh in Z-brush and export to Rhino
- Fine tune pose (bend for better balance)
- Export to OBJ for 3D print.
- Upload and order 3D print online. Takes 15 - 20 days
- Render from front, export to Photoshop, make color map
- Apply mapping and set up scene in Rhino and render with Neon.
- Evaluate color proposals
- 3D CNC a dummy for customer evaluation while we wait.
- Recieve model and paint