Small shpes converted to a circle

So I’m working on these panels that have thousands of leaf like shapes. Once the shape is smaller than my 1/8" cutter on my CNC I want to just drill a hole, to do this I need to convert all of these little shapes into a circle. does anyone have a technique for addressing this type of situation.

I would ideally like to be able to search the file and get a circle drop in the center of the shape.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Paquette

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi William - sounds like a script to me - if the shapes are closed curves (?), then possibly replacing each one that is smaller than a certain area, or bounding box areal, with a circle centered on the curves bounding box center or area-centroid would do it - does that sound like it might be the thing?

@wbp1000 - here’s a quick rework of an old RhinoScript, just guessing a bit at what you want, assuming I am correct that the curves are closed and planar- save, then drag and drop this onto Rhino, it will add ReplaceSmallCurves as an alias to run the script.

Set a minimum radius, then a minimum area for the curves to replace. If that does about the right thing, we can tune it up in a Python that lets you select a curve to set the smallest, something like that…

ReplaceSmallCurves.rvb (2.2 KB)

-Pascal

Wow, That’s Awesome, thank you. As I’m learning to hone my skills I’m constantly amazed at the rich features you have developed.