Skeleton fattener + mesh cage morph

Hi Daniel !

This is going to be a game changer ! Can’t wait to try it.
I will give you feedback.

Thanks

Daniel, this seems a lot more involved than the other examples you provided in your pdf. Was it done using only those techniques?

It’s the same definition as the ‘Skeleton_Morph’ file posted above, just with a vector moving the points from the rest cage to the deformed cage, and slider connected to a multiplier for this vector.
Morph_animate.gh (2.2 MB)

2 Likes

One more example:

kangaroo_skeleton.gh (19.1 KB)

19 Likes

@DanielPiker this is awesome, combined it with Pufferfish’s Tween Mesh, works quite fast - now I will apply to the animation team of the next Jurassic World :smiley:

Morph_animate_TweenRap.gh (2.2 MB)

3 Likes

And one with multiple poses using Pufferfish Tween Through Meshes with the Interpolation options for smooth (non linear) animation transitions.

Morph_animate_TweenRapMulti.gh (2.2 MB)

GifRap

17 Likes

and of course we need one of these:

rhino_skeleton.gh (21.9 KB)

27 Likes

grasshopper_skeleton.gh (17.5 KB)

54 Likes

Rhino 7 graphics?

2 Likes

No, just Arctic mode in 6

1 Like

I mean that these should be used for Rhino 7 marketing graphics!

7 Likes

:joy: got it!

2 Likes

Is this going to work on R5 on a very old 32bit laptop or am I just getting my hopes up unnecessarily?

Blimey, it works!

1 Like

Is arctic mode also causing the iso-curves to be displayed like that or are you using some sort of t-splines?

Ah yes, I changed some of the settings for Arctic in the display mode options - turning mesh wires on, and switching color & material usage to Rendering material. They are Rhino 6 subd objects - no t-splines involved.

3 Likes

Gotcha, so I assume you’re doing the technique where you have to type the entire subd command in to get it to work.

Sort of, I made a button with a macro because I got tired of typing it so often.

Nice…is this easy to do?

Yes - just right click an empty bit of the toolbar you want to add the button to, Edit Button>New,
Give it a name, and an icon, and in Command put:
subdfrommesh
enter

4 Likes