Simulation not working properly

Hi everyone, I’m new to CFD simulations and currently on my masters degree I’m trying to do a simple wind analysis on an urban canyon in my city, I’ve been trying several types of meshing, wind directions, domain dimensions, cell size, but still apparently the simulation is not converging, and the gradient is not looking as it should be. Could someone help me with this one? Which could be the reasons that my simulation is not converging or working as it should be?
Sorry to bother!
Cheers everyone.
D.C.

Here’s the residuals graphic.

Here’s the simulation result.
ANÁLISES 03-03 GAPS REMOVIDOS.3dm (4.6 MB) SIMPLE WIND ANALYSIS2.gh (30.5 KB)

I’m using Rhino 7, the latest version from Eddy3d and also have BlueCFD installed on the default folder

Hi Daniel,

Everything you are doing looks fine to me.
Your case looks converged in my opinion.
Please try this file for probing, you should be able to reduce the number of probing points on your end.

SIMPLE WIND ANALYSIS2.gh (28.7 KB)

Best,

Patrick

1 Like

Hi Patrick! I just reran a simulation, and it looks like this still, do you think there is still something wrong? My vectors are really small compared to yours, don’t know why
And thank you so much for the attention, looking forward to using Eddy3d on my masters degree, thanks for the amazing and simple plugin

1. The probes with the indices:

System.Int32 ,System.Int32 ,System.Int32 ,System.Int32 ,System.Int32 ,

can’t be probed within the simulation domain and have been discarded.

Got this error on the probe component, I’m not able to get this same gradient as yours unfortunately

Please see my answer here.

Best,

Patrick