Selecting single instances where curves feature duplicates etc?

Hi,
V5
Sometimes there are duplicate curves which only show themselves when one picks what one thinks is single and a choice is offered !
Is there a command to avoid selecting duplicates and end up with just curves that meet end to end when selecting ?

Steve

How about ‘seldup’?

This doesn’t work for me, it doesn’t select all of them
It comes in my mind there was such command, but could have been for AutoCAD

If the curves are actual duplicates of each other use SelDup to select the duplicates, then delete them.

And if the curves are not sufficiently similar for selDup, but still not visible as separate curves, then the technique I use is to actually notice when I’m offered a choice and click each one in succession to see what shows up. It’s either a reminder to me of something I forgot or gives me the opportunity to decide which one to delete. Sometimes I need to really zoom in on the ends to decide which one is the one I want. If selDup doesn’t pick them it usually means that some analysis and mental work is needed to decide, and so the offer to manually select is perfectly adequate. In fact probably optimum.

Cheers,
some ‘inverse thinking’ to remember there:grinning:

If however there is a valid reason for them and its just that in the one view they appear one behind the other,

then ???..go to another view maybe !

I was that finicky process zoomed in lots to make sure the ends matched etc and trying not to lose the selection so far I was trying to avoid, but you do as I do at the mo.
Steve

Yup! In my way of thinking that’s what the perspective view and mouse rotation is for. I thought you were concerned about curves that were “almost” duplicates and not different in any view.
I get those from time to time.

Two methods to make ends match:

1. Match selecting desired degree of continuity.

2. Turn control points on. Then use SetPt to place end control points in exact desired location. Setting at any combination of x, y and z coordinates is possible using either world or CPlane coordinates.