Select similar geometries and assign them into the same layer

It looks to me like you’ve done everything correctly (though I haven’t bothered to figure out why you have two MIndex components instead of just one), and are running into a rounding precision issue caused by the extremely small volume values: 0.0000242 To 0.0000343

This is evident when you examine the panel labeled “set” (below) and see duplicate values.

The purple group offers a switch between “raw” (as it was) and “fixed”, which multiplies all volume values by ten thousand and rounds to ‘rDecimal’ places. As you can see, the ‘total’ changes from ‘raw’ = 710 to ‘fixed’ = 626, the number of parts input:

MIndex_2019Oct6a
MIndex_2019Oct6a.gh (4.7 MB)

Oh, and by the way, by changing the ‘rDecimal’ slider value you can reduce the number of set members:

• ‘rDecimal’ = 5, number in set = 24
  • ‘rDecimal’ = 4, number in set = 18
  • ‘rDecimal’ = 3, number in set = 13
  • ‘rDecimal’ = 2, number in set = 9

Rather arbitrary, eh? Instead of volume, you could compare surface area or sum of edge lengths or other criteria that better define distinct differences? I just tried a few of those ideas and there really isn’t much difference for any of them. Chasing wild geese today…

Sweep1_2019Oct6b.gh (15.7 KB)

P.S. Note that since I don’t have EleFront installed, the GH file is MUCH SMALLER!

missing