Seeking help with glitch in rendered view

Hello,

I’m getting a really weird glitch happening and I’m wondering if anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it.

I created the file on RhinoMac and then opened it with RhinoWindows via Parallels because i need to create a animation turntable. When I open it in RhinoWindows I get this glitch happening in the rendered view. I have no idea where all the extra data “noise” is coming from. I am using multi-colored spotlights. and the color transition between the pink and the green you see here should be a smooth gradient.

please help!

Hi Christian.
Unfortunately running Rhino on parallels can result in this type of behaviour. it is not supported to run on parallels.

-Willem

In my experience running Rhino (unsupported by McNeel) via Parallels, the display is the biggest crapshoot. For simple stuff it’s OK; for the kinds of things you want to do, not so much. I believe, via what I read here, that those who run via Bootcamp have better results. I think the difference is that under Bootcamp Rhino has access to the display hardware the same as it would on a PC, including the ability to use the nVidia chip in the Pro Retina. Under Parallels it can only use the Parallels virtual display - which uses the Intel built-in video. I keep hoping that Parallels will improve in this area, but so far: not. (Unless the update I downloaded last night does it; I haven’t checked yet.)