The new update for SectionTools for Rhino 7 for Windows has been released. You can install through the PackageManager command in Rhino (then search for and install SectionTools, version 4-20-2021).
I hope you enjoy it, and look forward to your feedback and suggestions.
- Added a new command stExtractSections to help extract a static copy of sections including curves, caps and slices.
- Added a new command stSaveSectionsView to support saving sections to NamedViews and NamedCPlanes.
- Added a new command stLockSections to lock all sections and hide their ClippingPlanes.
- Added a new option to stViewSections called ClearOtherSections to un-clip all unselected sections from the view before clipping the view.
- Added support to stViewSections to select the active viewport when pressing Enter, instead of requiring to select a view.
- Update the stMake2D command to use the HiddenLineDrawing SDK functions to create parallel projections of sections and the background objects and organize in sublayers with the section name indicated. You can change the attributes of the layers, but need to keep the names to be able to replace content when running the command again on the same section to update the result.
- Added support to sectioning the new SubD objects introduced in Rhino7.
- Fixed a bug when sectioning with tight BoundingBox and that sometimes resulted in an incomplete intersection.
- stCreate: changed the Attribute option in command to be either “ByLayer” (use the section layer attributes) or “FromSource” (use source object attribute if assigned by object, or the source layer attributes if assigned by layer).
- stCreate: made the LoadFromFile option a one shot option.
- stCreate: the preview for the section line placement now shows a line with an arrow to indicate the up direction of sections.
- Added option to stNestLayout to place the tags inside or outside the layout and to use either a Dot or Text for the label.
- Whenever sections need to be selected, it is now possible to press “Enter” to select all sections instead of using the UI to select all.
- Updated the menu and toolbars to include the new commands (toolbars installed with the plugin and should be accessible through the Toolbar command)
- Updated the SectionTools Primer with the new changes (download from SectionTools for Rhino | Food4Rhino ).
Known issues not resolved yet:
- Sections Manager to manage sections options and attributes.
- Make available in the Mac.